Maintain Your Furniture
Simple steps of care and cleaning can be made in order to maintain the beautiful natural look of hardwood furniture, prolonging the life of the furniture in order to avoid any noticeable wear. As wood is a natural material it is highly advised to take the appropriate caring techniques.
- Timber is a natural product and may expand and contract due to varying temperature conditions which can produce small cracks within or between the timbers. This is normal and often part of a piece’s character. To minimise movement, the furniture should not be placed outside in heavily air-conditioned areas or in direct sunlight
- Protect the furniture surface to avoid damage caused by writing, serving hot dishes, the placing of heavy items and hot candles
- Use felt (or similar) under furniture legs to avoid any colour transfer or scratching floor surface
- Blot up liquid spills immediately, especially red wine
- Keep furniture out of direct sunlight as this can affect the finished colour
- Dusting and cleaning regularly with a soft lint free cotton cloth dampened with water or furniture polish like Mr Sheen